|Title: DETERMINANTS OF GRADUATE WAITING TIME IN OBTAINING A JOB AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN THE AGROINDUSTRY AND ENVIRONMENT BASED SECTOR IN JAMBI PROVINCE (STUDY ON GRADUATES OF THE FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS, UNIVERSITAS JAMBI)|
Siti Hodijah, Candra Mustika, Adi Bhakti and Zulgani
This study aims to identify the socio-economic characteristics of graduates from the Faculty of Economics and Business at Jambi University who work as entrepreneurs and work in the agro-industry and environmental sectors, as well as analyze what factors determine the waiting period for them to work in these sectors. The data used in this study is primary data with a survey method for respondents who graduate from the Faculty of Economics and Business, Jambi University, with a purposive sampling method of 80 respondents. The data analysis method used in this study is descriptively by identifying the socio-economic characteristics of the respondents. and quantitatively to determine the factors that influence the waiting period of graduates to work as entrepreneurs and agro-industry, the analytical tool used in this study is the Ordinary least squares (OLS) multiple regression method. Based on the results of research from socio-economic characteristics, the majority of respondents are 86.25% earning between one million and five million rupiah, judging by the gender of the respondents, 52.5% of respondents are female and the remaining 47.5% are male. of marital status, only 3.75% of respondents are married, the rest 96.25% are unmarried. From the occupation of respondents, 40% of respondents are self-employed, 35% are entrepreneurs and 25% are civil servants. The regression results show that the cumulative achievement index (GPA) has a significant negative effect, the length of the study period has a significant positive effect, and gender and curriculum also have a significant effect on the waiting period to work, only English language skills have no significant effect on the waiting period for graduates to work.
|Keywords: Entrepreneurship, agro industry, GPA, gender, study period, curriculum, English.|